Before I read this article I knew that tattoos and piercing has been around for ages now, but it’s been getting more popular these days. A lot of people have been getting tattoos and/or body piercing not because of their culture, but because of their own enjoyment or self expression for body work. I would love to get some tattoos one day but that’s for a different conversation. I also knew that getting body work done could potently cause health risks and problems. Oh, and if you’re Jewish and you’re very into Judaism but have a tattoo, you cannot be buried with your family when you die.
What I learned were people that get tattoos or some type of body piercing cannot donate blood for a year. Which I think is kind of funny because I know a lot of people with tattoos and piercing and not once did I ever hear someone mention about how they couldn’t donate blood due to getting work done.
What I still want to know is, where does getting tattoos hurt the most and if a certain area can get more infected than another area on the body?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well George, funny you mention, because I have two tattoos and i wasn't suppose to donate blood for a year also. I am religious and in my religion, your body is like a temple so your not suppose to get it pierced or tattooed. Tattoos hurt the worst toward the bone. Once it hits the bone it gets extremely painful. Anywhere where there is a lot of flesh isn't as bad. If you get a tattoo in an open spot and go into the sun for too long it will get infected, so don't get one in the summertime.
ReplyDeleteHey George,
ReplyDeletebefore i read the article i always wanted to get a tatoo, now that i know about the side effects and what can happen just from doing it, im taking it more into consideration.
Wow, that is pretty intresting how you are not buried with your family when you die. I have the same question that you have.
ReplyDeleteGeroge,
ReplyDeleteI guess I will not get tattoos in the future because I will like to donate blood.
Well you can still donate blood, but when you first get a tattoo you have to wait a year.
ReplyDelete